LGBTQ+ Legal Expert • Attorney • Author • Entrepreneur • Activist
Angela D. Giampolo is one of the Philadelphia region’s most accomplished young attorneys, innovative entrepreneurs, and dedicated community leaders. In 2008, Angela formed Giampolo Law Group (GLG), a boutique international law firm dedicated to identifying and fulfilling a broad range of legal and business needs for its clients. GLG delivers comprehensive, innovative, efficient, and results-driven legal solutions to set up, develop, and optimize your business endeavors, and to protect your personal assets and individual rights.
As founder, Angela’s knowledge of the law is matched only by her desire to serve every client equally and effectively. Her legal expertise spans a wide variety of practice areas, including Corporate Law, Real Estate, International Law (Asia and Africa), Civil Rights, LGBTQ+ Law, and Estate Planning.
Angela is the owner and founder of Philadelphia’s most popular LGBTQ+ law blog and resource directory, www.phillygaylawyer.com. She is a frequent presenter at the National Business Institute, and a legal columnist for the Philadelphia Business Journal, The Philadelphia Gay News, Echelon Magazine, and Edge Media. She is also on the board of many local, statewide, and national non-profit organizations, including the Victory Fund, Equality Forum, International Visitors Council, and she serves as President of Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia (GALLOP).
Prior to starting GLG, Angela cut her teeth at a franchise boutique law firm, specializing with clients focused on expanding internationally. Angela also worked in government at the Office of General Counsel in Harrisburg, mainly with the Corporations Bureau and the Election Law Division, as well as with the United Nations at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in prosecuting those responsible for the Rwandan Genocide of 1994.
Angela received her Juris Doctorate degree from Temple University’s Beasley School of Law. While there, she completed joint JD/MBA coursework at Temple’s prestigious Fox School of Business. Prior to graduating, she was inducted as a Fellow of the Rubin Public Interest Society. She also holds a Certificate of Law in Chinese Law from Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. Angela received a dual Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology, with a Minor in Women’s Studies and International Relations from La Salle University.
Mrs. Giampolo is a dual citizen of the United States and Canada. She speaks French fluently and is proficient in Mandarin. She has traveled extensively; some of her favorite places around the world include Estonia, Finland, Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Belgium, France, and Holland.
Judge Jianli Song, Supreme Court Justice for the People’s Republic of China Honorable Frank Palumbo of the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims
- Certified in mediation and advocacy from Good Shepherd Mediation Center
- Annual Conference of State Trial Judges: Orphans’ Court Litigation Post Whitewood v. Wolf and Marriage Equality
- New York State Bar Association: Representing the Transgender Client
- Jenkins Law Library: Plan Well Before (and after!) the Wedding Bell – LGBT Estate Planning
- LawLine: International LGBT Estate Planning
- Clear Law Institute: International LGBT Estate Planning
- Esquire CLE: Macro Cross-Border Estate Planning Challenges for LGBT Couples
- National Business Institute: The Legalities of Doing Business in China
- National Business Institute: Resolving Real Estate Title Defects
- National Business Institute: LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses
- National Business Institute: New Jersey Law on Same-Sex, Domestic, and International Adoptions
Angela also publishes monthly legal and political columns in various publications including:
- Philadelphia Business Journal (Weekly newspaper featuring local business and industry news)
- Philadelphia Gay News (Philly’s largest and oldest publication targeted to the LGBTQ+ community)
- Edge (National LGBTQ+ news and entertainment e-magazine)
- Echelon Magazine (
Nationalpublication for LGBTQ+ professionals)
- Philadelphia Business Journal Top LGBT Business in Philadelphia 2015-2019
- National LGBT Bar Association Top LGBT Attorney’s 40 Under 40, 2016
- Philadelphia Business Journal Women of Distinction, 2015
- Philadelphia Business Journal Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Pennsylvania Society Diversity Award, 2017
- Legal Intelligencer’s Most Diverse Attorney Award, 2017
Mrs. Giampolo currently holds membership in the American Bar Association, the International Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia.
Mrs. Giampolo complements her practice by actively engaging in several associations and non-profit organizations. In addition to having volunteered with the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, Women’s Law Project and Lawyers Without Borders, she has served on the Board of Directors of the Delaware Valley Legacy Fund for six years and as President for two years as well as Gay and Lesbian Lawyers of Philadelphia (GALLOP) for five years and as Chair of the Board for three years and currently serves on the boards of the National Adoption Center and Liberty City Democratic Club. Angela has also served on the boards of Equality Forum, Center Democracy International.
Most recently, in response to the increased hostility towards the LGBTQ community in the United States, Angela formed a non-profit organization called the Caravan of Hope, where she serves underrepresented and underserved LGBTQ people in rural areas that may not be able to easily or safely access legal services.